The Archeological Room of the Uffizi Gallery has been recently reopened.
The room was originally bulit in 1920 to host some parts of the Augustan Ara Pacis which were acquired by the Medici family in 1569.
In 1937, when it was decided to reunite all the dispersed pieces of the Ara Pacis in Rome in order to recast the altar, also Firenze had to send the original pieces to Rome. In their place, some plaster casts were made and displayed in this room, where we can still see them, together with other ancient sculptures.
: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_close() in /var/www/virtualuffizi/index.php:193
thrown in /var/www/virtualuffizi/index.php on line 193