Coronation of the Virgin

Author:     Painted in: Florence 1445-1510    Framework: Tempera on wood, 378x258    Located in: Filippo and Filippino Lippi Room
Coronation of the Virgin - Sandro Filipepi called Botticelli (Tempera on wood, 378x258)

The altarpiece was originally in the chapel of Sant'Alò in the church of San Marco; it was commissioned by the Guild of Goldsmiths and was painted between 1488 and 1490. At the Uffizi since 1796.

Author:


Want see this artwork?

Book now a visit

In the Biography of Botticelli, written by Giorgio Vasari for The Lives of the Artists, it begins, “In the time of Lorenzo de’Medici, ‘Il Magnifico’, a truly golden age for men of talent, there...Read more