Portinari Triptych

Author:     Painted in: Ghent 1140-Roode Kloster near Brussels 1482    Framework: Oil on wood, 253x586(oveall) 253x304(central panel) 253x141(each wing)    Located in: Botticelli Room
Portinari Triptych - Hugo van der Goes (Oil on wood, 253x586(oveall) 253x304(central panel) 253x141(each wing))

Painted in Bruges around 1475 for the Medici agent Tommaso Portinari, the triptych was transferred to Florence in 1483 and placed in the church of Sant'Egidio. At the Uffizi since 1900.

Author:


Want see this artwork?

Book now a visit

Although considered the most masterful Flemish painter of the late 15th Century, his only work confirmed with attribution is his Portinari Triptych, now in the Uffizi Gallery. His work is distinct...Read more


Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_close() in /var/www/virtualuffizi/index.php:193 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/virtualuffizi/index.php on line 193