Painted in 1534/40 for the church of the Servites in Parma. Purcased by Ferdinando de' Medici in 1698; at the Uffizi since 1948.
Parmigianino is an acclaimed painter of the Italian Mannerists, who also worked in printmaking and Alchemy later in life. Born Girolamo Francesco Maria Mazzola, he retained his artistic name from...Read more
Visit the website of the Polo Museale Fiorentino
Giorgione, the Venetian school at the Uffizi
Antonio and Piero del Pollaiolo at the Uffizi
Fra Angelico, the saint artist
Titian, master of color and of the Venetian S...