Four Saints from the Quaratesi Polyptych

Author:     Painted in: Fabriano 1370-Rome 1427    Framework: Tempera on wood, 200x60 (each panel)    Located in: International Gothic Room
Four Saints from the Quaratesi Polyptych - Gentile da Fabriano (Tempera on wood, 200x60 (each panel))

Gentile painted the polyptych, now dismembered, during his Florentine period (1422/5) for the Quaratesi chapel in San Niccolò Oltrarno, The other parts are now in London, Rome and Washington. At the Uffizi since 1863.

Author:


Want see this artwork?

Book now a visit

Fabriano’s piece, Adoration of the Magi, painted for the Palla Strozzi’s Chapel in the Santa Trinita church and now in the Uffizi Gallery, is considered a masterpiece of the International Gothic...Read more


Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_close() in /var/www/virtualuffizi/index.php:193 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /var/www/virtualuffizi/index.php on line 193