Another version of the painting in the Galleria Borghese, painted in 1546 for Cardinal Salviati. It was probably presented as a gift by the artist to Pierantonio Bandini in 1553. At the Uffizi since 1965.
Vasari’s life is intimately rooted in the Uffizi Gallery. With five of his paintings in various rooms throughout the museum, he also chronicled the lives the Renaissance artists that fill the...Read more