Adoration of the Magi

Author:     Painted in: Prato 1457-Florence 1504    Framework: Tempera on wood, 258x243    Located in: Botticelli Room

Painted in 1469 for the church of San Donato at Scopeto, in order to replace the Adoration commissioned from Leonardo but never finished. At the Uffizi since 1666.


Want see this artwork?

Book now a visit

Filippino was the son of the Italian painter Fra’ Filippo Lippi (1406 – 1469). Trained by his father until his death, another of Fillippo’s pupils, Sandro Botticelli (1444 – 1510), carried through...Read more