The Madonna della Ninna, is a mid-Trecento Florentine panel painted for the Chapel of the Compagnia della Ninna in the Church of San Pier Scheraggio from around 1340. This work depicting the Coronation of the Virgin Mary is noted as one of the earliest paintings to represent the Virgin with regal attributes, with her crown and richly decorated garments. (Jillian Harrold, The Madonna Del Parto in Trecento Tuscany, 1997)
The piece was acquired by Florentine Galleries in 1781 and has been in the Uffizi since 1959. Since about 1933, the work among a few other, has been attributed to an unknown artist, called The Master of San Martino all Palma.